Please select what you are looking for below:
- Pain & Injury Resolution– Chronic or Acute Pain
- Fundamental Movement– Movement and Breath training, and Dry-land SURF Lessons!!!
- Relaxation– Lotion or clothed Massage
Fundamental Body Therapy practices a unique blend of movement and touch therapies that are truly different and therefore call it “Body Therapy” or “Body Work” as there is a facilitation of change in the body towards homeostasis, health, balance, and well being. Modalities include a mix of:
- Cranial Sacral Therapy– we practice an extremely unique form of CST, “Integrated Cranial” from studying under/with Carolynn Kraskouskas-Thompson of Be Whole Again in San Francisco. This is an assisted form of healing or facilitating space for healing and parasympathetic nervous system induction. Sessions should be a minimum of 90 minutes for this style work.
- Anatomy in Motion– the architecture of the human bones and body through movement and the gait cycle. This is both a treatment and a movement exercise designed to help you access areas of the body that the brain has forgotten or little to no awareness of throughout the gait cycle.
- NeuroKinetic Therapy– developed by David Weinstock, addresses the cause of pain – dysfunctional movement patterns stored in the brain, and is a form of neuromuscular reprogramming / education. It is where neuroscience and body work collide!
- Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR)- developed by Dr. Jose Palomar, P-DTR addresses musculoskeletal problems by focusing on an important, but largely overlooked apparatus of the human body: the mechanoreceptor system.
- Fundamental Movements- learn to utilize the full range of natural human movement skills.”TRAIN THE WHOLE. NOT THE PARTS. Natural Movement Fitness is different. We don’t isolate muscles. We don’t obsess over burnt calories. We train our whole bodies in an integrated, practical way. Our practice is about movement. It’s about life.”
- Visceral Massage- belly massage, organs are muscles and deserve massage also. A very gentle, yet, powerful modality to help detoxify, strengthen, and balance the immune and other body systems via organ massage.
- Body Mechanics / Awareness- just as anyone can tell you your hand feels hot or cold, our experience of touching 1000’s of bodies enables us to educate clients about their bodies and movements…Neuromuscular Intrepretation.
- Fundamental Breathing- working with breath. If you don’t think that breath or breathing can change your life, go ahead and stop for a few minutes and get back to us. 😉 Breathing is the most essential thing to life, above food and water, and being aware of it is vital to health.
- Trigger Point Therapy, or Neuromuscular Therapy – myofascial pain syndrome treatment by honing in on specific trigger points to relieve pain and release knots.
- Myofascial Release Therapy– the practice of low load stretching of the connective tissue, or fascia, for the treatment of pain, increased range of motion, or assistance in structural balancing
- Deep Tissue Massage- designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles.
- Positional Release- A highly useful technique born of osteopathic practice based on the idea that finding a position of a muscle where it is under no strain (position of ease) allows the muscle to release.
- Tui Na / Shiatsu Eastern Fusion- clothed massage utilizing acupressure points and understandings of Chinese meridians
- Joint Articulation and Stretching- by opening muscles and joints we allow the return of blood and Oxygen to deprived areas, as well as, increasing the synovial fluid (lubrication) in the joints